Health Policy Institute
Public Opinion and Health Issues
Health issues have consistently dominated the top three issues on the minds of Canadians for more than two decades. The health sector touches every citizen, regardless of where they live, their income bracket, their cultural heritage, their gender or their age.
The Ipsos Health Policy Institute is a major international player in the healthcare policy, service delivery and patient experience measurement field.
The Institute works with clients to develop and implement consultation and research initiatives that measure the quality of health care policy and service delivery on a variety of levels including policy development and implementation; program evaluation and performance management; behavior change; public opinion; social marketing and communications.
We offer a complete range of services and methodologies (both quantitative and qualitative) to help our healthcare clients find the evidence they need to make informed decisions.
Our government, not-for-profit, and private sector healthcare clients use our expertise to:
- Gauge public perspective and attitudes on their issues
- Better understand or reposition their reputation to affect public confidence, ability to deliver programs and services, and increase the credibility of their communications
- Support/increase advocacy efforts
- Inform and improve member and stakeholder relations
- Help develop their communications and measure the effectiveness of earned media, web sites, and advertising
- Develop and conduct program evaluations and client satisfaction studies that measure achievements (both real and perceived) and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Conduct employee engagement and satisfaction surveys with health professionals
- Design and facilitate program and policy development workshops to consult with stakeholders
- Monitor social media
For the past decade, we have been the research firm of record for Canadian Blood Services, and have conducted public opinion research for the Canadian Medical Association for the past 15 years. In addition to these partnerships, we currently work with a variety of other organizations including Alberta Health, the Canadian Dental Association, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, the Ontario Association of Community Care Access Centres, Toronto Public Health, Halton Healthcare, Public Health Ontario, and the Heart and Stroke Foundation.